Friday, February 24, 2006

... and when you think it can't get worse

Nothing happened, just thinking... my client took me out for lunch yesterday, and we had a chat (I told him what happened last weekend), and how crap I felt on Sunday feeling guilty and shocked over my behaviour. And he smiled and said "I bet you wished yourself back to your mum's".

Actually no, I always was my daddy's girl. But it's made me thinking, when I was little, my dad used to come to my room I shared with my little brother, and he'd sit down on my bed telling me about his day, or telling a bed time story - or sometimes just sit there, and he'd always stroke over my head. It's one of the earliest and best memories I have.

I remember him holding me when I was sick as a child, and I remember how I loved to have my head on his chest half asleep, and I always told him to say something because it would sound so funny.

I remember jumping on his lap when he came back from work, and the smell of the surgery (I still love today), and the way he looked at me when I did something wrong, and even more the way he looked at me when I did something that made him proud.

I've always been my dad's girl I guess, and something along those years it got lost, or changed, I grew up and beeing a teen meant I couldn't be near to my dad because it's just uncool, or whatever. And now, all we get is a hug on christmas and an envelope - still the same eyes smiling and sparkling, and I wonder what would happen if next time, I go and see my parents, I'd just go and cuddle up with them as I used to as a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home