Monday, April 03, 2006

April, issit!?

Holy moly, it's April. Had Arno & Clemens on visit (a day late but hey... f*cking frogs, how dare they going on strike!) and had a great time! Saturday we missed out on clubbing, for the sake of spare ribs and pulled pork - but Sunday saw us back on track with a nice breakfast at Ken's Cafe, early afternoon warm-up pints and then some (very dire) Sunday 4pm football.

The real surprise got me when we eventually walked back to my local. The landlord isn't really into party and all, I think the most exciting music he'd ever put on in his pub must be Elvis or anything else you can hear in lifts and shopping centres for elderly...

But then - big surprise. There's a live thingy going on (which was supposed to be just as dire) and suddenly (was it the beer? the brandy? someone spiked the drinks?) the whole bleeding pub was on their feet dancing away. Bloody 'ell, it was unreal.

Don't get me wrong - good fun and all, but this was my lovely sweet East London haven to watch football, drink a pint or seven and have a decent pub grub. AND I WANT IT BACK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home