Friday, July 22, 2005

For Everything A Reason

Today, I feared for my life...

Travelling with the Victoria line, I was standing next to the door in the middle of a carriage, not a lot of people but all seats taken. Right opposite to me, a guy standing. Nothing to worry about.

But people started moving away from him, and I realised - he was wearing a beige jacket (ok), zipped up (not ok, considering it was baking hot in there). Odd, but still ok. He looked "foreign" as we all do. But with his slightly darker skin, dark eyes and dark hair I'd put him somewhere... near Pakistan? Anyway. Feeling bit uncomfortable, but still not worried.

But then he took out his mobile phone and started playing with it. Within split seconds I was fucking scared to death. Fuck knows what he's wearing under this jacket, fuck knows if this is a mobile phone or a device to blow the fuckin bomb belt, jeez! I closed my eyes and prayed he wouldn't let it go off. Then I realised how silly this was. I looked at him. He seemed alright. Was he taking the piss?

Moments later (felt like hours) the train stopped at Oxford Circus. I'm home now, having a spliff (I well deserve), thinking of the guy that got shot today, the bombs that didn't go off today and this guy in the tube.

You're not going to spoil it, you're not going to change anything, and you're not going to get me. Fuck off, you twats. And on Monday, I'll be on my way to work, and I'll take the tube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home