Thursday, July 14, 2005

That was my Bomb

So, I filled the form for my Q2 review. I've chosen the honest way - I think they appreciate this a lot. So the goals for my next quarter will be finding a successor, excellent. I feel so relieved now that I've made the decision to leave my current employer. Although I haven't found something new yet, but without a doubt I'll be fine.

All this stuff happening today was interrupted by the 2-minutes silence today at noon. Everyone, and believe me, everyone in London, stepped out on the street. Buses stopped, cars stopped, no one moving, no one speaking. For the first time since this happened I really had to fight back tears, and when the 2 minutes were over everybody was cheering as a big fat thank you.

I remember the silence for 9/11, I was back home that day and didn't really give a toss. But this time, it was my town they attacked, my life and my friends. And "they" were schoolboys, in their twens, grown up in UK, and I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home