Friday, May 12, 2006

an email I sent today...

It's started yesterday, that sickly, nervous feeling in my stomach. Went out last night and got absolutely sloshed - and when I woke up this morning ("oh no, not again - where am I?") I was still drunk from the night before. But there was only one thing in my mind - getting to work in time, so I can leave in time tonight. I have another 45 minutes to go until I can leave. Haven't done much today but surfed KUMB. Got goosebumps here and there and could feel the tension building up. All day I had this urge of shouting IRONS and singing bubbles!

On my way home I will look out for the lads in colours. That's when you sit in the tube grinning a stupid smile because you see somebody with a west ham scarf at the other end of the carriage. I won't be able to sleep tonight, again. I'll be ironing and cleaning the flat, again, as I did the night before the semi. I'll be laying out the stuff I'm going to wear tomorrow and prepare the overnight-rescue-first-aid-food bag. I shall be lying sleepless until 3am and then get up and get ready. My bus is leaving at 5.10am tomorrow morning, and it will get me to Wanstead/Redbrige by 6am. Deano is going to pick me up at 6.15am, I believe there will be a whole coach - some of the lads we've met at the boozer in Birmingham, remember? The ones that were sitting at the same table with us.

This email took me nearly an hour now. I'm absolutely useless today. Can't think of anything but going to Cardiff, having a great day out, sunshine, beers, dodgy pies, the roaring, the fun on the road, more beers, getting all excited, butterflies, the nailbiting... yay! I better go now :-)

Have a fantastic weekend, I'll be phoning the world when we lift the cup :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home