Friday, March 17, 2006

Hooked

Taking the bus from home, colours hidden under the jacket. The nearer I get to Upton Park, the more people I see in colours - scarves, shirts, beanies. Smile gets broader. Getting off and hitting the pub for a quiet one. Lots of singing. Slight buzz somewhere in my guts, going dizzy.

Turnstiles. Walking in, pushing my way through and walking up, seeing the pitch and hearing chants. The air is different in there. Clenched fists in my pockets, don't know why. Buzzing. Adrenaline rushes. Checking who's there, a nod here and there, a grin. Waiting for kick-off...

You've seen the match report. It got me hooked and I booked Portsmouth home today, another return at the ticket office, tomorrow's match. What else would you do on a Saturday - "... wanking off to Pop Idols? Coming to terms with your sex-less marriage?"

Anyway. FC Basel drew Boro for the UEFA cup quarter finals. Seriously considering travelling up there. Ok ok. I already checked trains, flights, and how to get tickets for the away block. Guess I'll see a couple of mates there. Good lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home