Monday, March 06, 2006

Freedom of choice

... or what. I'm used to watch football matches standing, and I remember (well sometimes) wishing myself into the seated area. Whereas here (Upton Park that is) they want everybody to sit, for safety reasons.

Is that the same Health & Safety bill that prevents schoolkids from bringing self-made cakes to school? (as happened in 2004 in a very posh Richmond prep school, apparently because one of the kids could [they didn't know] be allergic to nuts. Nuts is exactly the right word for that!)

Anyway. Sitting in row N of the BML stand I expected a song and a dance (literally) but nothing... noooo... all quite. For crying out loud, 12th man fallen ill? From my side of the pitch it honestly did sound like Everton's supporters were twice as loud. Anyway, I imagine the crowd being well different if they'd let us stand (although sitting shouldn't be an excuse for lousy support really, if you ask me), and that's what the guys from Stand up sit down think too.

I can only support this, and that's why I am one of those holding up a yellow card (don't try to spot me on there tho I was further out to the right).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home