Monday, June 05, 2006

Missing you

I miss my football. I miss getting up early on Saturdays for a breakfast at Ken's before the first pint of the day down the Boleyn. I miss bumping into people on the road I've seen fortnightly all season. I miss the buzz and the excitement, the rants and banter during the matches. I even miss the nutteres and idiots, the ones that try to grab you and others that wouldn't allow girls in the ground if they were in charge.

The world cup, I couldn't care less. Yes, I will watch the matches - but why should I give a shit? To say it in someone else's words (if I could remember who it was I'd say, honestly): "Why should I cheer players I hate just because they're wearing an England shirt".

Next stop: Premiership fixtures, out on June 22nd at 11am. Watch this space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home