Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Next stop: Cardiff!

The night before the day after I just couldn't sleep. Cleaned the bathroom until 11pm. Watched MotD. Then ironing until 1am. Still couldn't sleep. Watched the Football Factory on voiceover until 3am. Still couldn't sleep. Some more rubbish TV. Tea. Hot milk. Last time I checked the time it was 4am - and then I got woken up, alarm clock was set to 5.30am.

The day itself, what can I say. I was there. I soaked it all up and it's something I'll tell my grandkids about. That day we won the semi at Villa Park.

I thought I could say more about it by now, but I don't have any words for it. Precious memories, not that I don't want to share them, but - it's nothing I can describe. I'm a very, very lucky girl, mind you, lots of people wanted to go but couldn't - and then there's me, getting a ticket offered, meeting a lot of good people. I know I'm lucky and I'm very grateful for this. Thanks everyone.

(end of sob story!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home