Sunday, August 21, 2005

Firewire

Gosh, gis a drink!

Right, my dad's been a filmer all his life, so we have tons of old V8-films lying around... the old projector is dying, well at least parts of it, and we've been well creative to get spare parts. But... Time takes its toll, so my dad's decided there must be a possibility convert the analog V8 into undying digital... something.

That's were I come in... Possible indeed. So he's got the old projector, a mirror, a milky glass and his new Panasonic DigiCam. See the picture? Good. Now, my mum's notebook has a zillion USB plugs, but no firewire. And the firewire I need to copy the mpeg4-vids on the laptop. Bloody USB only gets out pictures, say jpgs, and if I do intervall copies, the shortest I can do is 10secs (and I'd need about 1/10 to 1/4 secs interval to get a half decent film).

Soooo... I'll take the DV casette to my mates and let them do the work. Excellent. It just means that they will see me naked! At the age of 8 weeks, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home